The benefits of Grodan rockwool :
- Completely sterile and inert – ideal hydroponic growing medium. Reduced risk of pests and disease.
- Even root growth – predominantly vertical fibre structure means identical levels of resistance for each root, so roots grow evenly.
- Increased root development – structure of the rockwool is designed for optimum air / water balance and accelerated rooting.
- Uniformity – quality and structure is uniform, so water content and EC (CF) will remain the same for every plant.
- Re-wetting – Grodan rockwool is easy to re-saturate if it dries out, reducing the risk of root damage.
Major Issue is it takes a long time to decompose.
Cultilene Blocks , low density well structured. But also a environmental issue with break down.
AGR Wool breaking new ground , more Earth friendly.
A truly natural product derived from basalts (alkaline effusive rock/volcanic rock).
Its fibres are formed using a special manufacturing process whereby the rock is heated and spun.Then fibers are “glued” together with eco-friendly glue. This socalled ECOSE® technology is a new revolutionary and formaldehyde-free binding-agent technology based on a binding agent derived from natural organic base materials. It is a sustainable processing technology that is particularly environmentally friendly, enables the desired structure to develop and delivers a product with healthy constituents. The roots thereby do not encounter any resistance when growing and so become more resistant against illnesses and pests. In doing so, the plants can grow bigger and stronger and rooting develops faster.
There are no reviews yet.